Thursday, November 3, 2011

Just Desserts...

It's day three of my November Food Storage Challenge" I've hid the checkbook & debt card.  My goal this time is to spend "0" dollars on grocery & household items.  I did take time last month to inventory my pantry & fridge. I purchased the items I was running low on, fresh eggs, milk etc.
I've also been searchng for fun fall recipes to utilize in my challenge.  I'm particularly curious about soups, stews & slow cooker recipies.  One of my favorite websites is "Our Best Bites".  My favorite fall recipe for today was their yummy "Pumpkin-Ginger Pizookies"  You can check them out here: http://www.ourbestbites.com/2011/11/pumpkin-ginger-pizzookies/ . 
OK, so I got side-tracked!  Dessert is an important component of a balanced meal plan, right!
Checking out my stockpile, I was pleasantly suprised to discover that I have everything on hand to make this dessert, EVEN THE HOMEMADE ICE CREAM!  My plan is to serve it sometime during the week of Thanksgiving.  I'll let you know how it goes. Until then I'm sure to dream of ginger, carmel & pumpkin ice-cream, Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment